Maintains regular, follow-up, and confidential files and data. Defines and implements administrative processes within functional unit. There may only be one administrative position at this level within a functional area.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Develops and implements administrative processes within department. Routinely provides training and guidance to others.
2. Performs diversified administrative duties including report preparation, data collection, calculations and routine analysis.
3. Collects and organizes data for reports, analyses, presentation and/or action. Makes recommendations for changes.
4. May provide advanced secretarial duties for one or more persons which may include event planning and coordination, travel arrangements, proofing material for typographical and grammatical accuracy, receiving and handing correspondence within the department and ordering office supplies as necessary.
5. Composes letters and memos from general instructions and broad knowledge of organization. Commits supervisor within range of granted action authority.
6. Routinely works on confidential or sensitive Company information.
7. Establishes and maintains an appropriate and adequate filing system so as to retrieve materials quickly.
8. Performs such individual assignments as supervisors and superiors may direct; ensures adequate and continuous controls are exercised over all assigned activities affecting quality; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
9. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Uses computer-based applications to performs report preparation, data collection, calculations and routine analysis.
3. Possesses well developed grammatical and transcription skills.
4. Collects and organizes data needed by supervisors for reports, analysis presentation and/or action.
5. Establishes and maintains an appropriate and adequate filing system so as to retrieve materials quickly.
6. Receives and screens telephone calls, faxes, mail, visitors, publications and correspondence to determine which requires supervisor?s attention.
7. Maintains calendar, schedule, travel management and lodging reservation for supervisor.
8. Composes letters and memos from general instructions and broad knowledge of organization, it operations and policies. Signs letters and commits supervisor within range of granted action authority.
9. Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
10. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
1. Broad knowledge of the company, excellent administrative and computer skills, maturity and demonstrated aptitude for administrative judgment and initiative.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid driver’s license.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
1. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 15 pounds.
2. Works at telephone answering equipment and at a PC for hours at a time.
3. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.