Administers Plans, conducts and oversees engineering projects, manufacturing assignments, design feasibility along with new product launch knowledge, which all require expert application of engineering knowledge.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Manages tooling, maintenance and manufacturing engineering functions.
2. Leads cost reduction and continuous improvement efforts.
3. Manages capital budget and projects.
4. Manages all facility related issues.
5. Supervises and directs members of the engineering department.
6. Tracks engineering related spending to budget.
7. Prepares capital budget.
8. Analyze processes and implement standard work procedures.
9. Other assignments as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Broad technical and analytical engineering experience as applied to product design, manufacturing and process development as usually evidenced by completion of a degree in engineering or engineering technology.
3. In depth understanding of administrative functions including accounting and human resources.
4. Computer proficient.
5. Ability to communicate to groups, both written and orally and lead team activities.
6. Self starter.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Bachelor?s degree in engineering or related field.
2. 5 to 10 years experience in manufacturing engineering.
3. 3 to 5 years managerial experience.
4. General knowledge of the TS16949/ISO14001 standards as they pertain to this position.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid drivers? license.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
2. May travel to plant and customer sites.
1. Occasionally lifts and / or carries up to 70 pounds.
2. Maneuvers in, around and under factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
3. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
4. Works within an automotive component manufacturing office and laboratory setting. Exposure to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Technical knowledge and capabilities typically acquired in the completion of a bachelor?s degree in mechanical engineering.