IT Technician II
Buenos Aires Argentina
Position acts as liaison between computer systems users and the Information Technology department for resolution of user issues.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Logs, prioritizes, and routes problems and questions to appropriate IT staff.
2. Tracks problems through resolution and notifies users of final disposition.
3. Initiates escalation procedures when required.
4. Maintains problem/resolution database.
5. Communicates status to users.
6. Provide notifications to users as required.
7. Develop user documentation and publication.
8. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Two to four years personal computer experience.
2. Willing to work to schedule as required by volume and projects.
3. Strong professional and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with co-workers and users in a respectful and professional manner.
4. Strong organizational skills and technical writing ability.
5. Customer service driven with an enthusiastic, positive attitude.
6. Proven ability to work independently as well as multi-task.
7. Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).8. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
1. AS/400 experience.
2. Knowledge of TI Automotive systems.
3. Network experience
4. Technical writer training.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid driver’s license.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
1. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
2. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
3. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
1. Knowledge and experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of servers on the Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 platform.
2. Administration of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File Servers, Print Servers and backup tools.
3. Knowledge and experience with Ms SQL Server 2008 R2 database
4. Knowledge and experience in networks, structured cabling, switches, routers, TCP / IP, LAN, WAN, WLAN.
5. Knowledge and experience in CISCO network devices (desirable)
6. Knowledge and experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of computers with Windows XP Pro, Windows 7 Pro and higher.
7. Knowledge and experience in MS Office 2007 and above.
8. Knowledge and experience in installation and administration of Corporate Antivirus.
Associate degree or equivalent in data processing or related studies.
Preferred BS/BA degree.