Process Engineer I
Performs a variety of complex assignments involving engineering processes, which impact manufacturing of the company?s products. Supports production assembly lines and external customers.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Responsible for scrap analysis and continuous improvement projects within assigned area.
2. Responsible for overall line efficiencies working with Value Stream Manager.
3. Responsible for process specific standardized tool specifications for customer and capital equipment.
4. Responsible for communication of new or modified procedures and systems to the technicians.
5. Responsible for documenting, controlling, and analyzing all process parameter changes for all process operations.
6. Participate in initial run-offs at equipment builders? site and at Ossian for approval.
7. Responsible for the supervision of set-up, debug and capability run-offs on specific platforms.
8. Responsible for the direct technical support on the production floor as needed by all production shifts.
9. Support Manufacturing Engineer in fulfilling AQP requirements.
10. Other duties and activities as assigned by the Process Engineering Manager.
1. Ability to support off-shifts.
2. Must possess a strong background in data analysis (statistical knowledge helpful).
3. Strong knowledge of machine controls, tooling and fixtures (preferred).
1. Five years experience in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid drivers? license.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds and frequently carries up to 30 pounds.
3. Maneuvers in, around, under, and about factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
4. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
5. Works at telephone answering equipment, design equipment, and at a PC.
6. Regularly travels to plant, customer and vendor sites.
1. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Polish language proficiency
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent manufacturing experience.