Supplier Development Specialist
The position will be responsible for supporting new program launches, supplier audits, systemic supplier quality issues and implementing QBIC with the supply base.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Leads the initiative to drive QBIC into the supply base.
2. Audit new and current production supplier quality systems. Drive audit action plans to closure.
3. Develop and mentor suppliers in problem resolution, control plans and PFMEA?s methodology.
4. Leads all supplier AQP and component review meetings/activities.
5. In conjunction with Supplier Quality Group, Monitors and improves supplier quality performance.
6. Champions? resolution of chronic supplier issues when requested: identifies, prioritizes, charts occurrences/trends, implements and manages corrective action plans, reports on corrective actions/problem resolution.
7. Assists as required in managing supplier operational issues: tool moves, run at rates, tool audits, etc.
8. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Systemic problem solving skills.
2. Strong knowledge of QBIC and especially 6S.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Excellent organizational skills.
5. Self-directed with a high degree of self-motivation.
6. Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
7. Working familiarity of automotive OEM quality systems, including TS-16949 requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Working knowledge of AIAG’s MSA, APQP, PFMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, and SPC Manuals.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Certified Quality Auditor.
2. Valid Passport and driver’s license.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
2. Will be required to travel to plant and/or customer sites domestically and potentially internationally.
3. Ability to travel by air travel and automobile.
1. Occasionally lifts up to 25 pounds.
2. Maneuvers in, around, under, and about factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
3. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
4. Works within an automotive components manufacturing, office, and laboratory setting and is exposed to heat, cold, wet, and fumes/chemicals.
Polish Language proficiency.
Bachelor?s Degree in engineering or engineering technology or a combination of education and manufacturing experience.