Saint Martin France
Builds and performs tests on systems and components to determine operability, quality, performance and suitability. Trouble-shoots, repairs and modifies systems and components as appropriate. Occasionally instructs lesser-experienced technicians. Work duties involve a definite degree of skill, accuracy and coordination.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Operates standard equipment in test and process environments to conduct work requiring precision and strict observation.
2. Follows prescribed work methods in accomplishment of assignments. Maintains proper and appropriate records and files.
3. Inspects, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, modifies and suggest application of standard or non-standard techniques.
4. Suggests design changes, test modifications or recommends improvements in design, production methods or materials.
5. Functions with general direction and little day-to-day supervision on complex programs involving various equipment and instruments.
6. Assists other technicians with their tests set up and interpretation of instruction and technical engineering or design requirements.
7. Performs such individual assignments as supervisors and superiors may direct.
8. Ensures adequate and continuous control procedures are exercised over all assigned activities affecting quality.
9. Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with internal and external customers which broadly includes suppliers and stakeholders.
10. Maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
11. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Strong mechanical aptitude.
2. Knowledge of basic math.
3. Some analytical ability where problems are not difficult or complex.
4. Interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
5. Written and verbal communications basic skills.
1. Completion of recommended Corporate Training programs.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid drivers? license.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
1. Occasionally lifts and / or carries up to 50 pounds.
2. Maneuvers in, around and under factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
3. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
4. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
High School Diploma or equivalent, Associates Degree in engineering or related field preferred.